The New Urban Infrastructures of the Circular Economy
To design the circular economy of smart cities, a new way of thinking about urban infrastructures is necessary. whether it is the installation of new waste to energy plants or developing cutting-edge digital systems to safeguard electricity and water, a new way of designing cities is needed.
This event will bring together experts from Switzerland, local utilities, and the EPFL IGLUS network to have a blended and more global discussion. The aim is to present the current situation, challenges, and opportunities when it comes to the circular economy of smart cities, sharing specific and local best practices to the audience through a panel presentations, discussions, and interaction.
- Moderator: Prof. Matthias Finger (IGLUS, Head)
- Mrs. Anita Nouri (Green Energy Solutions & Sustainability, CEO)
- Mr. Ramzi Bouzerda (Droople, CEO)
- Mr. Roni Araiji (Hitachi Zosen Inova, Middle East Managing Director)
- Mr. Andrea Di Gregorio (Ras Al Khaimah Municipality, Executive Director Energy Efficiency and Renewables Office)
- Mr. Mohamed Sami Najjar (Stignergy, CEO)
Swiss Pavilion Event Space
- IGLUS (moderator)
- Hitachi Zosen Inova
- Ras Al Khaimah Municipality
- GESS UAE (with a presentation of LTS)