Public Health and the 17 SDGs: research, education and art.
Public health is about prolonging and improving quality of life through organised efforts and informed choices of individuals and society at large. It is at the heart of the United Nation’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The SDGs are a universal call to action to protect the planet, end poverty and ensure global peace and prosperity. We cannot speak about public health without discussing SDGs.
Raising awareness about SDGs worldwide and educating the public on the current state of affairs within the field of each SDG is an important aim, specifically, given the COVID pandemic and its influence on the socio-economic and political spheres.
The Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+) will lead the way thanks to our focus entitled Public Health and the 17 SDGs: a Swiss Perspective on Research and Acrobatics. They will explore all 17 SDGs through the lens of human wellness thanks to their pioneering multidisciplinary research and … acrobats! Indeed they are partnering up with the Accademia Teatro Dimitri from Ticino. Their students will interpret artistically public health and the SDGs, delivering a unique combination of science and art. Their presence will be complemented by an exhibit designed by students from the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) who will invite our visitors to explore the SDGs in an teractive way.
The Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+) is a foundation of Swiss universities. It assembles the inter-university faculty of public health sciences affiliated with the twelve Swiss universities. It is the national coordinating body for the promotion of postgraduate university education and research in the fields of public health.
- Guest lectures & discussion – Health in All Sustainable Development Goals
- Majlis – Healthier Wolrd, Healthier People
- Panel – Health in the Urban Space
- Panel – Young Minds for Healthy Lives on a Healthy Planet
- Presentations – Next generation scientists tackle public health
- Talk – Beyond the Pandemic
- Panel – WHO-Europe Special Event: COVID- 19 Pandemic
- Artistic performance of a physical theatre on the rooftop by Accademia Teatro Dimitri
- Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+) – Public health faculties affiliated with twelve Swiss universities.
- Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI) – Interactive installation on public health and the 17 SDGs
- Accademia Teatro Dimitri – Performance of students to showcase public health and the SDGs