Who we are
Presence Switzerland is an agency of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. It is responsible for managing Switzerland’s official presence abroad, and as part of this mandate it implements the Federal Council’s strategy on Switzerland’s communication abroad.
Presence Switzerland supports the protection of Switzerland’s interests by using various public relations tools. Its tasks include transmitting general knowledge about Switzerland, the forging of understanding for Switzerland, as well as a portrayal of Switzerland’s diversity and attractiveness.
Presence Switzerland implements this mandate through projects abroad, hosting visits by foreign journalists and decision-makers to Switzerland, developing and distributing information media in other countries about Switzerland and managing Switzerland’s appearances at major international events such as the Swiss Pavilion at World Expos.
Collaborator in communication and public relations
For the Swiss Pavilion at the next World Expo in Dubai, we are offering from 21 September 2021 to 04 April 2022 the position of collaborator in communication and public relations. In this function, you will be a member of the communication and public relations team and work closely with the communications team leader.
The job involves the following:
- Implementation of communication and public-relations measures according to the communication strategy and by instruction of the team leader communication
- Composing and drafting texts in English and Arabic (including texts for the media dossier, the website, social media, the daily programme and so on)
- Compiling and generating content for the different communication channels with a special focus on social media
- Taking care of the media hotline and handling of media inquiries
- Handling and updating media contact lists
- Realization and assistance of media tours in the Swiss Pavilion
- Support for the planning, preparation and holding of media conferences
- Administrative tasks in the field of marketing, communication and public relations
- Coordination and liaison with partners, suppliers, agencies and internal functions
- Participation in the evaluation of marketing and communication measures
Ideally, you can offer:
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic
- Professional experience in the field of communication, marketing or public relations
- An upper-secondary-school leaving certificate at ‘matura’ / baccalaureate level or equivalent
- An education (in progress or completed) in the field of communication, marketing or public relations would be an advantage
- Affinity to social media
- Grasp for editorial work
- Very good user knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work autonomously, with a sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- Friendliness and keeping calm under pressure, even in hectic situations
- Reliability, team spirit and stamina
- Willingness to take on additional tasks spontaneously outside of your contractual field of activity
- Smart appearance, customer-focused and assured manner
- Professional experience in the international context would be an advantage
Sounds like a job for you
We look forward to receiving your full application, which should include a cover letter describing your motivation, your CV and work references, 31 January 2021.
The recrutement is finished. Please do not send your application.