World Majlis on mental health
The Swiss Pavilion is participating in the virtual forum World Majlis, taking place on 2 February 2021, as part of the Health & Wellness pre-Expo event.
Prof. Nino Kuenzli will elaborate on the impact of Covid-19 on existing healthcare systems and how it may have accelerated changes in some areas.
The World Majli is scheduled at 12:15 Dubai time, (9:15 CET), on Tuesday 2 February.
More information : Health and Wellness – agenda
The Pursuit of Happiness
Building healthier and happier communities in a post-COVID era
Inspired by the ethos of World Expos, World Majlis aim to start a global conversation on topics of great significance for our times and our society. As part of the Health & Wellness Pre-Expo event, this World Majlis will look at what role do our physical environment and a sense of community play in one’s mental health. From finding new ways to foster community ties, to providing opportunities for community engagement, how can we rethink the way we design healthier cities and happier communities?
For this online World Majlis focusing on mental health, the Expo 2020 Dubai brought together the following speakers:
- Nadine Bitar, Global thought leader at Place-led 4.0 © and executive Director fo PlacemakingME, UAE
- Prof. Nino Kuenzli, dean of the Swiss School of Public Health, head of Bachelor-Master-Doctorate Unit, Department of Education and Training (ET) – Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Switzerland
- Noof Al Jenebi, director of the Emirates Center for Happiness Research, UAE
- Dr Sarah Rasmi, psychologist and founder of the Thrive Wellbeing Centre, UAE
- Prof. Shekhar Saxena, Practice of Global Mental Health, Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health,USA
This session will be moderated by Helen Farmer, Senior Presenter, Arabian Radio Network, UAE
This World Majlis is scheduled at 12:15 Dubai time, (9:15 CET), on Tuesday 2 February.
Partnering with the Swiss School of Public Health
The Swiss School of Public Health will be the main partner of the Swiss Pavilion during the Health & Wellness focus week, which takes place from 30 January to 5 February 2022 at Expo 2020 Dubai.
As part of the Health & Wellness pre-event, the Swiss School of Public Health will raise awareness about the multidisciplinarity of public health, as their focus at Expo 2020 Dubai will be on linking their research and findings with all 17 SDGs thanks to dynamic and interactive events and expositions
The Swiss School of Public Health assembles the inter-university faculty of public health sciences affiliated with the twelve Swiss universities. SSPH+ is based on the vision that public health is a scientific and professional field, shaped by a broad range of disciplines